Friday 24 May 2013

Jumping on the BBandwagon

It's Fridaaaay again! And it's a bank holiday weekend, so let's hope British weather brings us a little sun for BBQ's all round.

So at first, I thought the whole BB cream was a bit of a novelty. It seemed like something which I didn't need, a light coverage foundation with a different name. It's no secret that I have a love for Dior, and the woman on my local Dior counter remembers me well so gives me a few free samples when I go in store. When I bought a few things a couple months back she matched me up to the new BB cream and gave me one of those lovely little pots filled with it. I tried it just because it was Dior. When I applied it and looked back at myself in the mirror, I was astonished by how bright and glowing my skin looked. After a day of wear, I went straight online to Debenhams and ordered the full size tube. Thus starting, my love for BB creams...




Its quite the collection saying I was completely unimpressed when they came out. And I cannot lie, if another brand brought one out which caught my eye, I would consider buying it. BB creams seem to have much more illuminating and resurfacing effects than a foundation, and when applied with your fingers, mesh with your skin making you look flawless and as if glowing from the inside.

Dior's BB offering is one of the newer offerings, and my personal favourite (not just cause the packaging is pink) I think out of the three I own, despite having "nude" in the title, it has the most coverage. Although I do like a light-coverage, I feel much more confident with a little bit more, and not so "Is she looking at me because I look like an alcoholic just coming off a 4-day bender?" 

I bought the Dr Jart one after hearing so much about the brand, and seeing it on offer for an amazing £10 in Boots! And I must say, it isn't my favourite, I think the texture is a little thick, so it requires a lot of blending, and quickly, before it sets and you end up with a streaky, three-tones-too-dark face. Once blended, it does provide the perfect skin look which you expect from a BB, as is perfect for days when you're not doing anything fancy and don't want to waste expensive products. 



Escentual very kindly sent me the very new BB cream from Clarins, in the lightest shade they have. I thought that if anything, it'd be too light for me, oh how wrong I was... As you can see from the swatches below, when blended out, the colour becomes a lot less obvious, but is still a visible change from my skin tone. I gave this one to my Aunty, who is yet to try BB creams and she loved it, said it evened out her skin tone and even covered the redness she occasionally gets in her cheeks. She has a cool skin tone, whereas I have a neutral, and it worked well for both of us, seeing as it doesn't have any yellow or pink undertones, just another reason to love it. (Although I think I may have to hide it)...

Despite the colour being a little off, I thought I would slick on a little fake tan in my body to try match it up better, and thought I'd road test it while I was spending a day at home. This product lasted a reasonable amount of time on my skin, and dried to a natural matte finish. The coverage is actually very light because it required so much blending, but I did try to build it up, and it worked so I would say it's definetly build able for people with skin concerns. I would recommend this BB cream for summer, and for medium skin tones, but if you're classed as having a "porcelain" skin tone, you will look the teensiest bit like an Oompa Loompa. 


I cannot wait for the weather to warm up, so I can get a little tan and start wearing this on a day-to-day basis, as it truly is a lovely BB cream but just currently a little too dark for my casper-like skintone.

So, have you all jumped on the BBandwagon yet, or are you still to do so? I recommend getting matched up to Dior's offering in-store if you're new to BB creams, it's pretty much a fool-proof and incredible addition to your make-up bags.

Hope you all have an amazing bank holiday weekend. Don't get too drunk...

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Ahhh the Clarins one looks so dark considering it's the palest :O fab review though lovely xx

    Gemma | ♥ MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Crazy. Dior's are a lot lighter though. I actually have the medium one. It's insane how different brands colours are. They should have things more like sizing for clothes, numbers the same in every store (well, almost...) xxx

      Delete
  2. Looks like I need to jump on the BB wagon too!

    Now following your blog on GFC!

    Be great if you could check my latest posts out and follow back :)

    Modern Great Gatsby Tassel Flapper Dress

    Thanks :) Charlie UK Fashion Blog | Lurch Hound Loves xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I'll check it out when I get home! Xxx

      Delete
  3. I also received the Clarins BB cream, and I have the same problem with the colour of it... Any excuse to tan :)

    Olivia - cravemorebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just! I used it sparingly today whilst I was wearing just concealer, on the high points of my face and it made an amazing sunkissed glow. Think this may be my new technique of using it! xx

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig