Thursday 16 May 2013

Inside: My Makeup Collection Part THREE

The messiest drawer and my palettes are the last part of my makeup collection and here it is... hope you enjoy...


This drawer is my last, and the messiest. Its pretty much a jumble of all the things which won't fit in the other drawers, and a couple of my spare products (the majority are kept in my old storage system)

In this drawer is:
L'oreal True Match Powder
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in Rendezvous, Honey and Crush
Dr Jart Water fuse BB cream
Avon Smooth Minerals powder foundation in Ivory
Spare mascaras (Avon Super extend, and Supershock MAX Limited edition pink packaging, and L'oreal False lash flutter)
Avon Glimmerstick brow definer in Blonde
There's also a couple samples of Clarins BB cream hiding in the back

I'm not shrinking... that bottle of primer really is that big! I love this product. I'm sure you're all pretty familiar with Laura Mercier primers, this is one I got from Space NK, which is a bonus size of the Radiance version. It gives your skin a really gorgeous natural looking glow, without the use of any shimmery particles.

All of my palettes sit in my little ombre box at the side of my Muji drawers. I like keeping them here because it makes it easier to access them, see which is which and the majority of them are a little too big to be stored in one of the drawers.



Urban Decay Naked 2 is one of the most gorgeous nude eye palettes ever. I love this, and after buying mine, my Aunty went and got one too, so there are now two Naked palettes in our house! I didn't open this palette to take a picture. You all know what this looks like...


This is actually the first time I have posted about the Clarins eye quad from last Christmas' Odyssey collection. Its three matte brown/nude shades, and a very gold glittery shadow, so sparkly that it could rival all the glitter around the festive season. 

I'm so happy I've filled my MAC Eye Palette! I love all the colours I have in this, and use them on a day-to-day basis. From left to right the colours I own are (Vanilla, Brule, Quarry, Omega, Cork, Woodwinked, Patina, Satin Taupe, Charcoal Brown, Embark, Sumptuous Olive, Club, Cranberry, Sketch, Carbon) I know people enjoy reading about these, shall I post about them with swatches and looks? I like using Omega and Charcoal Brown on my brows, Vanilla as a non-shimmery highlighter, and Carbon is a great powder alternative to using pencil or liquid eyeliner. 


Upon filling my eye palette, I thought it was time to start a blush palette. (Oh, MAC why are you so addictive?) I currently only have Harmony, which I use as a contour shade, and Desert Rose, which is one of my favourite blusher shades, a beautiful dusky pink.


This gorgeous Too Faced Boudoir eyes palette has popped up a few times on my blog (and Instagram!) now, and is quickly becoming one of my favourites. I really should do a post on this beauty...

This MAC eye quad is the Rimal Dahabia palette from the new Art of the Eye collection. Its shades are Shroom, Soft Brown, Beauty Burst, Najm el Lail. I had never been particularly interested in buying Shroom before, but now its becoming one of my favourites, it works all over the lid, or as a brow-bone and inner tear-duct area highlight.


These products are some of the make-up related ones which are too large, or just don't have a home in my drawers. I love the Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray for making my makeup last all day. MAC's Fix+ I use for setting my makeup if I have gone for a dewy look. I also like to use it if my foundation looks a little cakey, by spraying it on a clean buffing brush and buffing the foundation into my skin. Origins VitaZing is amazing for those days where your skin needs to be left to breathe, but needs brightening. MAC Strobe Cream is one of my newer products, and I haven't found the best technique for using it yet (any suggestions?) Clinique's Super CityBlock is something I use in the Summer months to keep my skin protected from the sun's harmful UV rays (bla-bla.) Mister Radiant is the only thing I own by Givenchy, and I wish I had more, as this is incredible, its a gel with little beads of colour, which work to brighten and even the skin tone, this product is amazing as a primer, or on its own. This Works Perfect Look Skin Miracle is supposed to be used on its own to makes your skin look "miraculous," but I prefer to use it as a primer, it evens skin tone, and also brightens (it works incredibly with Revlon Nearly Naked!)

And there you have it... my Makeup collection! Is there anything else you'd like to see? DVD's? Skincare/Bodycare? Nail polish? In my wardrobe? My shoes? etc. Let me know. I'm definetly going to be doing a DVD one, as people always seem more than interested in what I've been watching. And, as mentioned in my previous posts, I am more than willing to swatch anything, or do looks using it so let me know in the comments and I'll get straight to work! 

SHARE:

18 comments

  1. love your palettes, my fave eyeshadows are neutrals

    xo

    Inspirations Have I None

    ps. I'm having a giveaway on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, so incredibly jealous of your collection!! How do you afford it all?! Lol, loving the MAC palettes, so nice.

    Hels XX

    http://www.babybeautifulmummy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too sure. But I'm a pretty spoilt, lucky girl I can tell you that much! Thank you. I'm pretty happy now it's finished! So happy you've enjoyed my posts xxx

      Delete
    2. YOu've nearly inspired me to do a make up post myself, it must have taken you an age! Once I've finished studying i'm totally treating myself to some MAC products! x

      Hels X

      Delete
    3. Oh you should! I'll definetly read it anyway! Woohoo, let me know what you get :) xx

      Delete
  3. So jealous of all your makeup! Especially the MAC palettes, i know what im spending my paycheck on :) haha, love the blog! xo

    www.jessicadoesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great shadows. Sorry for any product pushing right there... Hahaha! Thanks for the comment jessica xxx

      Delete
  4. Wow you have a lovely make up collection! Love how u've organised them too.

    I'm a new follower, nice blog! Check mine out if you have time :)

    grannygee.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I need Muji in my life. So glad I found this thru my bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've wanted to get Muji drawers for ages but most the ones I want they don't have available for ordering online :( boo!

    Your collection is awesome! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep an eye out Anna! These ones that I have weren't in stock online for quite a while but when they came in, I pounced! Thanks lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want the Laura Mercier foundation primer, I think I'll add it to my wishlist.
    Just followed your blog via GFC :)

    FashionProject x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fab Carly! Thanks so much. I'll check your blog out now xx

      Delete
  9. I love how you have your makeup organized. I'd really like to buy a vanity soon, and I think those little plastic drawers would be darling with it!

    I found your blog through the #bbunch bloghop, I’m excited to start following you :) My Blog: A Beautiful Twenty-Something Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabrielle! Yes they would. So much easier to do your makeup when it's organised well. Thanks lovely, I'll follow you too xxx

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig