Sunday 12 May 2013

Favourite things #1

One thing I absolutely love about blogging is the whole "Monthly Favourites" I think its so exciting to see what people have been using and abusing over the past month. However, does no one else become a little bored when you get the ninety-ninth monthly favourites popping up in your blog feed? I personally do, (I read them anyway, life's just so hard?!) so I thought that every month, in the middle of the month, I'm going to bring a "Things I've Been Loving" post to show my favourite things. Just something a little different...

Anyway, here goes...

Beauty Favourites

Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette
Nars Eye Primer
Dior Iconic Overcurl Mascara
Dior Art Pen
MAC Lady Danger Lipstick
Essie Meet Me at Sunset and Chinchilly 
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

I'm a sucker for the Dior counter, and when these came out a few months back I had to have them, and haven't looked back since. The mascara is just perfect for what I want to achieve from my mascara (review coming this week) and the eye-liner is faultless, will not budge, but when trying to remove with my La Roche Posay micellar water, comes off like a dream. The NARS primer is one of my favourites, it makes eyeshadows last longer and crease less. I personally don't have oily eyelids, but for those who do, you really should get your hands on this. 

My nail products of choice this month have been all new additions. Meet me at sunset is a gorgeous orange-toned red shade, perfect for a classic-red alternative, thanks to its semi-sheer finish. It is also perfect for doing matching "lips and tips" with Lady Danger. Chinchilly is a slightly purple-toned grey, which looks incredible on the nails despite how it looks in the bottle. Like all Essie polishes, they have that amazing brush which just works like a charm and makes the painting process super quick and easy (but you all know this already!) Also, I'd been in the market for an amazing top-coat, but Seche Vite has that covered, its high-shine, quick-drying, and prevents chips like no other I've tried. These polishes really are THAT good. 

I'm planning on doing a post on the beauty that is the Too Faced Boudoir Eyes palette, but for now I'm going to just say how fantastic it is for day and night looks, and not to mention the adorable packaging and tutorials in the lid. MAC's Lady Danger is a perfect accompanying product when using the palest colours from this palette, to make bright, natural eyes and a gorgeous bold lip. I actually thought this had been discontinued so I was so excited to get one from MAC's website. 




The Michael Mercier detangling brush for thick hair has been my go-to brush over the past few weeks. It hasn't replaced my much loved GHD paddle brush but I've found myself reaching for this one as its still quite a new addition to my hairbrush family. I've also become quite addicted to using a dry body brush every night. I know that dry body-brushing has tons of benefits, and I've found my skin has just looked and felt much smoother and softer since doing this on a regular basis.



Bumble and Bumble's surf spray is a new favourite of mine. I've had it for a couple months, but I hadn't found the perfect technique for using this. Now after much experimentation, I've found the perfect technique for my hair to create amazingly bohemian beachy waves. Now I need to get my hands on the Surf shampoo and conditioner!

Non- B-E-A-Uty Favourites

My TV addiction over the past few weeks has been Supernatural. From my TV habits its strange that I've only just come across this wonder. But I'm madly obsessed with this. For hot men, creepy monsters and humour, watch this.


Me and my Aunty decided that considering how much water we drink, it seemed only fitting to buy a reusable water bottle, as using plastic ones all the time can be damaging to the environment. I'd heard about the Bobble water-filtering bottle before, and had a nosey on Amazon, when I saw they were about £9 for a 550ml bottle I ordered two, in different colours straight away. This works by filtering all the nastiness out of your water whilst you drink, which not only is better for your health, but improves the taste of your water. I cannot recommend these enough, we love them! 

And on an unrelated note; I'm currently in the market for a new eye cream. I didn't really love Origins Ginzing, anything anyone can recommend? 
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I really want to buy the Bobble water bottle - I've been eyeing them for ages :P Glad you like it!

    I love the look of that orange nail varnish too!

    Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such a good idea! It's so pretty on. And essie polish is always amazing!! Xx

      Delete
  2. Love the idea of doing a favourites in the middle of the month! And that mac lipstick is GORGEOUS!! aahh <3 xx Em

    www.someoneinthecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Isn't it just? I wore it the other day and everyone was complimenting it. I was like "yep, it's a keeper!" Xxx

      Delete
  3. Oh wow I love the look of that Too Faced palette, it's got some pretty colours :))) xx

    Gemma | ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie
    ||

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really pretty! And the cute packaging makes you love it even more!! Xxx

      Delete
  4. I've been thinking about buying one of those water bottles for a while, maybe I should! Mac's Lady Danger looks like such a beautiful shade.

    Hannah x

    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! You won't be disappointed :) xx

      Delete
  5. molly dear, I would recommend the say yes to "insert vegetable name" ranges for eye creams or the this works eye cream, I personally adore them, the simple one is nice but its a very basic eye cream :) that lipstick shade is on my next purchase list as well as the eyeshadow primer! xx

    misstephaniechen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'd considered the this works one. I'm a bit of a skincare snob, and I don't use much drugstore skincare! Amazing, let me know how you get on with them!! Molly xxx

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig