Monday 12 August 2013

Birthday Gifts and Lots of Pretty Things

There's quite a few pictures in this post, for no other reason than, I got, well, a little camera happy! I thought I'd share with you my birthday gifts, a lot of which were from me, to me. Any excuse!

Oh, and just to clarify, before anyone goes off on one... I'm not bragging in anyway. Some of these are gifts, and some of them I bought for myself. I just love shopping...

One of my favourite jewellery pieces ever, comes from this beautiful, elegant, gold open heart ring by  the Irish jewellery designer, Chupi. My Nan and Grandad bought me this so it means more than it would have if I'd bought it for myself.


The beautiful Chupi ring in action, and with a vintage, ornate rose ring my Aunty got for me. I won't wear these together all the time - just thought I'd save a picture and put them together (I'm so helpful, right?!)





My Aunty bought me this beautiful coffee table book which is currently on display on my shelf, its Audrey Hepburn in Hats, and showcases a beautiful collection of images like the one above. (Isn't she just the epitome of elegance?)




The DVD collection is actually a gift to myself. I've already worked my way through all of these, and love them all so much. I'm currently becoming very much addicted to Audrey, and if you follow me on Instagram, you'll probably already have been bombarded by Audrey related pictures already...



I mentioned in my previous wishlist post I'd like to read The Notebook and my beautiful Aunty bought it for me, alongside Safe Haven, which I haven't seen the movie of yet, so I'll be holding off until I've read the book.


It's not as excessive as it seems- I promise! A lot of these are freebies which I got with various orders, but I decided, after buying my first Chanel polish that I'm very much in love with them and need more. I bought Frenzy in Southport on my actual birthday, and Blue Satin when Debenhams had a sneaky 10% off. I bought my MAC lipsticks at the same time (because of course I needed more...) And as a self-confessed Dior addict, I decided to pick up this gorgeous nude lip colour because I had £10 in points on my Beautyclub card.



They're beautiful, right?
Mac's Pure Zen and Plumful, and Dior Incognito.




(Left to right: Dior Incognito, MAC Pure Zen and Plumful)


Another treat for myself thanks to sales. This beauty was 1/3 off in Argos, and only cost me £20! It comes with a heat proof mat, full glove, and a carry bag to store it all in, not to mention how brilliant it is. I'll be reviewing this soon.




I can't say I usually shop in The Body Shop, but when I heard about the beautifying oils which had come out, I decided to go and pick one up, I use it mainly for my cuticles every evening, but it's a bugger to apply from this bottle! I also picked up a foot cream with the "Buy one get one half price" offer... GLAM.

My "to-read" list is getting ridiculous, but I still had a little stroll into Waterstones and came out with these...



And I had to add this little fella to the end of this post. If you don't follow me on Facebook, or Twitter, you won't know that I'm planning on bringing some nail-art tutorials onto my little corner of the web, so keep an eye out, and no doubt you'll find out how to make this little guy yourself.

And another reminder, my giveaway closes tomorrow, so don't forget to enter! I can't wait to draw the winner, and I'll be letting you know via Twitter, and email!

Hope you've enjoyed this post, and I promise I'll be back with more substantial posts soon, I've been a little bit of a let-down during the summer months.

SHARE:

23 comments

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY !
    Wow I wish I had so many gorgeous gifts ! I love the pictures, I hope you are going to review the products xx
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! I definitely will be doing, I've fallen in love with them all! Xx

      Delete
    2. Yeah they look really great ! :) I will be looking forward to read your posts then xx

      Delete
  2. Happy B-Day :)

    Soooo much lovely stuff there...wow!!!

    x

    PS Your nail art looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gorgeous! Haha, great isn't it! I got bored and felt like doing something, this is what came of it!! X

      Delete
  3. Hope you had a lovely birthday. So many goodies!!
    I need Pure Zen in my life, been after it for so long xx

    Rachael | beautypea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thanks Rachael. It's a beautiful shade, I get so many compliments on it. Can't recommend enough xx

      Delete
  4. Hope you had a lovely birthday! I really need to try the Chanel nail polishes they look so pretty :)

    laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! It was great, thank you. They're lovely. I've sneakily ended up with five now. Blue Satin is just beautiful! X

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday! You got some fab things I'm so jealous!! xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday! I love both of the rings you got - gorgeous (:
    & I've watched The Notebook, but dying to watch Safe Haven... I think I'll read both books after watching (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Yes me too. May read it before watching though! X

      Delete
  7. What an awesome birthday! haha I have an Audrey picture book and I love it, she's so beautiful! And I'm not a fan of the Chanel polishes brush, but their shades make it worth it. Blue Satin is the prettiest blue! xx

    www.ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree with you more. They're horrible brushes but the colours are just incredible. Dior and Essie have the best brushes I've ever come across! X

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday, sorry if i'm a bit late haha!
    But what a lucky girl! love the ring :) x

    www.AvneeshnKaren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday! I have a love affair with Audrey and Chanel nail varnishes too - that alone shows me we'd get on well, haha!
    I love your heart ring too :) how sweet of your grandparents!!
    Following you now and I'd love it if you keep in touch :) I always like making new blogging friends, haha!
    www.lanouvellenoire.com xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw such a lovely comment Andrea. Thanks very much! Xx

      Delete
  10. Wow! What a haul of goodies, I really adore that grey Chanel vernis. Very sophisticated :)

    Bisous, Jemma xoxo
    abeautifulinstant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful! A perfect nude for paler skins I think! X

      Delete
  11. The "Pure Zen" lipstick from Mac looks lovely!
    I have to go and check it out sometime.

    xoxo
    Sammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous!! I posted a snap of it on on IG! I'm in love with it! Xx

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig