Wednesday 15 May 2013

Inside: My Makeup Collection Part TWO

Here is the second installment of my makeup collection! Hope you guys enjoyed the first, here is another few of my Muji drawers, and what I store inside them...


This is my third drawer, in which I store my cheek products:
Bourjois Cream Blush in 03 and 04 
17 Blusher in Damson Wine (This is a few years old, I think the colour with the same name is now a different shade)
17 Blusher in China Pink
Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in Flushed and Pinched 
Benefit Benetint
Benefit Travel Size Sun Beam
Nars Blush in Deep Throat 
Nars Highlighter in Albatross (Under Deep Throat) - I can't help but giggle.
Nars Multiple in Copacabana
Benefit Hoola Bronzer 
Benefit Dandelion Blush

First off, my Benefit boxes sit at the front because they are the most attractive of the bunch. My Hoola bronzer has hit pan, and I'll be needing a new one very soon, and I will be repurchasing, when I find a perfect matte bronzer I never seem to let go! My other favourites in here are all the Nars products, especially the multiple, which is amazing for a highlight and an eye colour. I want another one actually, in South Beach, they're so worth the price tag. I'm also getting really into cream blushes (if you couldn't tell?) and I couldn't recommend the little drugstore wonders which are the new Bourjois cream blushes, and the Revlon Photoready, too.







Avon Ideal Luminous Blush in Russet. I love this little thing. I actually got this whilst it was super cheap, around £4 with a free brush, but I think at full size they are around £10 (they are worth even that). For anyone who didn't know my Aunty is an Avon Representative in her spare time, so I get early access to products, and often a lot of freebies and samples. I went on a whim for this one, and boy am I glad I did... Its a gorgeous rich dusky-pink, and its so soft it applies very smoothly. It is so highly pigmented that you need a light hand, meaning this will last you a long, long time! I don't know where Avon can be bought other than through a rep, if anyone does want anything, however, we will place orders for you and send them, provided you pay for the postage. 

The fourth drawer stores mainly mascara, and other eye products:
Maxfactor Masterpiece Max mascara
Clinique Naturally Glossy mascara in Brown
L'oreal Volume Million Lashes Excess mascara 
Maxfactor 2000 Calorie mascara 
Soap and Glory Thick and Fast mascara 
Nars Eye Primer 
Maxfactor Eye Brightening mascara for Blue eyes
Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping mascara 
Dior Iconic Overcurl Mascara 
Benefit's Ooh La Lift
Clinique Chubby Stick for Eyes in Ample Amber 
Bobbi Brown Gel Liner

(All of my mascaras are black unless stated otherwise) Maxfactor is one of the best brands for mascara, I think, every one I have tried by them has been incredible, and the Masterpiece max has been repurchased three times now. The eye-brightening one was actually something I got free when there was an offer in Boots, and I love it, it has little light-reflecting particles which brighten the eye area, and the mascara itself seperates, lifts and lengthens lashes. Soap and Glory Thick and Fast has THE biggest brush I have ever seen, so it takes a bit of time to apply, or you look like Edward Scissorhands tried to apply your mascara. Although I like most of the mascaras I own, I actually do not like Revlon's Grow Luscious, and I'm probably going to give this away. I love Cliniques Chubby Stick for Eyes, its the most amazing idea to have a cream based eye colour in pen form, and the colour payoff is pretty impressive.



I don't have as many eyeliners as most people, as up until a few months ago, I never wore liner. I couldn't find a liquid liner which I liked the brush/applicator of, and I strayed away from kohl liners as my everyday makeup was usually flawless skin, bold brows and a slick of mascara. I have the Rimmel Scandaleyes in Nude to line my bottom waterline to take away any redness and brighten up my eye area, I would never use a white liner as it is too stark and false-looking for my personal taste. I LOVE Dior's Art Pen, it's just incredible (and raved about in my last favourites post) and I use the L'oreal Super Liner as a cheaper alternative on days where I'm not going anywhere fancy, or the rest of my makeup is also low-end. The other two are kohl liners by Avon, these are really good liners, I just don't use them very often.


Maybelline Color Tattoos in Bad to the Bronze and Eternal Gold are amazing cheap alternatives to MAC's Paintpots. Despite the fact that they don't come in many colours, if you're creating a smokey eye, these make a perfect base colour, aswell as giving a gorgeous buildable colour on their own too. These are very versatile, and I love them, I definitely want some of the other colours, anyone got any I should try? 


As I had this post prepared and waiting to go live, I had another little storage system arrive through the post for my lipsticks, so I have changed my lip products over into that and I will post about that within the next week.




The fifth drawer is lip products only:
MAC Lipsticks in (Viva Glam Nicki, Jubilee, Shy Girl, Chatterbox, Ruby Woo, Rebel, Russian Red, Lady Danger)
Bourjois Rouge Edition in 10 and 13
Avon Lipstick (Its a shimmery coral shade, not sure of the name but these were limited edition last summer)
Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in Pink Pearl and Coral Tonic
Rimmel Apocolips in Big Bang, Stellar and Apocoliptic
Avon Anew Lipstick in Plumberry
Superdrug Little Pink Tin lip balm
(In the back I have a few Crown Brush lip brushes, a Blistex lip splash, a MUA red lip pencil, and a MAC Pro Longwear Pencil)

Along with the rest of the world, I LOVE Mac Lipsticks. I think they're a reasonable price for how incredible they are, and the colour selection is so vast, you're practically spoiled for choice. And that amazing vanilla scent... doesn't it make you want to lick your lips? (Okay, just me...) I couldn't choose a favourite as I really do love them all the same, and wear them all depending on what makeup look I am going for on that given day. I don't get as much use out of the Rimmel Apocolips as I probably should, but I never know what to do with my eye makeup when wearing them, as they are very, very bold colours. Bourjois Rouge Edition lipsticks are also incredible, they are about half the price of MAC, and for a drugstore brand, have quite a few shades available to buy. They are a similar finish to MAC Satin lipsticks, I personally think, and they have a similar lasting power too. I have a classic Hollywood red shade, (13) and a red so bright it borders on orange(10).


Within the past few weeks, I've found myself reaching for much more sophisticated pink/brown/nude (I'm not the best at descriptions, lets face it!) shades like Mac's Faux and Cosmo. I LOVE these shades, and seem to always get compliments on these when I am wearing them, and they seem to go with pretty much everything. Pretty and versatile? Check, and check.

Once again, anything you guys want to see swatched, or a look using these, or a review etc. I would be very happy to do them for you, leave a comment below and I'll get straight on it. 

Part three will be up tomorrow, with the messiest of all my drawers and a nosey at all my palettes! 


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Ahhh fab post! Just been reading through, and your previous post! I want so much of your collection haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gem! Looking through it for these posts I just kept thinking "I really need to spend less money." Haha! Xxx

      Delete
  2. Love your organisation, oh and your name! ;)
    lol, following, check out my blog
    www.mollyewins.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, right back at ya girl! I'll check your blog out now xxx

      Delete
  3. I am so jealous of your collection, I look forward to part 3 haha!

    Hels XX

    http://babybeautifulmummy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you for your lovely comment Helen! Xxx

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig