Thursday 30 May 2013

Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette - Swatches and Review

Howdy all! How are you all doing? Can you tell I'm in a good mood already? I'm not sure if its a sugar overdose or not... 

The Too Faced Boudoir Eye Palette has popped up quite a few times now on my blog, but I haven't yet shown you in-depth exactly what you get for your money, and just how amazing this product it (so basically, I could have said a review, but you know.. that's just too easy.)

Oh and a little warning for all the gigglers, It IS a "boudoir" inspired collection after all, so some of the names are a little raunchy. At least none are as bad as Nars' Deep Throat... 



So one thing which is obvious about this product is just how gorgeous the packaging is. Its a metal tin, and the size is reasonable enough for travel, and I'm already singing its praises without showing you the inside...

Each row of three shadows are categorised into looks for Day, Classic and Fashion looks. Some of the shades are more pigmented than others, but the colour selection is fantastic, as is the range of shimmer and matte shades. The application and longevity of these products is fantastic, I have applied them without primer (which is something I don't usually do) and found that they lasted up to 8 hours without creasing. (For reference, my skin type is normal, and I don't have oily eyelids) None of the products have fall down other than In the Buff, the lightest shade, which when applied reminds me of MAC's Brule, and isn't actually as white as it appears in the picture above.


Inside the lid of the product is this amazing little step-by-step on how to use the shadows, for a Day, Classic and Fashion inspired look. It shows pictorials on using the shadows, and also has numbered instructions which will come in handy for those who are novices to eyeshadow.

I feel as if I should apologize in advance for the stereotypical "arm swatches" that are coming up...

Left to right: (Day; In the Buff, Fuzzy Handcuffs, Voulez-Vous. Classic; Satin Sheets, Sugar Walls, Garter Belt. Fashion; Birthday Suit, Lap Dance, French Tickler)

I wouldn't necessarily say its my "most-used" palette, as my MAC palette holds my eyebrow powders too, so sheer laziness often makes me use the one that I already have out. But, I cannot physically recommend this palette enough, the shadows are amazing quality, and for all neutral lovers provide a great mix of tones for all eye colours and day-to-night styles.

I bought my palette off Beauty Bay for £29.00.

(GIF credit: GIFBAY)
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Oooh, I love this! And the tin makes it more durable than some similar palettes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! Definetly a travel-friendly palette! X

      Delete
  2. Ooh wow this palette looks like a stunner! I love Too Faced products, but I don't own any of their palettes :( why are you apologising for arm swatches? Hahaha! xx


    Gemma ♥ | MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I need to try some of their products, what can you recommend? I don't know, sometimes I see them and feel like they're a little pointless, I guess these have a purpose, I dunno! The little crazy person that lives inside me is trying to get out! Haha! Xxx

      Delete
  3. Instagram sent me here!
    I haven't actually tried any Too Faced stuff I really must give it a go ! I like how it gives you a guide for application, great for girls less experienced with makeup xx

    beautylifemichelle.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definetly one for packaging lovers! It's completely adorable! Thanks for your comment Michelle xx

      Delete
  4. This set looks gorgeous! Reminds me of a sexier version of Urban Decay Naked palette!

    Yinyin xx
    YinyinLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little like the Naked palette actually! I don't have the first one, I guess I don't need it now (although it'll probably squirm into my collection at some point! xxx

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig