Tuesday 14 May 2013

Inside: My Makeup Collection

Promised you lovely lot I would bring a post on my makeup collection, and once I started taking the pictures I thought, one post won't cut it, as it'll end up about 500 pictures long (slight exaggeration) so I'm going to bring this in a few installments so you don't get too bored.

I'm going to start off this post by saying, I have took this pictures from my collection as it stands day-to-day. I have seen numerous videos and blog posts on other bloggers collections and they have been absolutely immaculate, to the point of things being that straight and organised that I think "Are you an alien? No one is THAT tidy." And yes, it isn't the most glamourous, but it works for me, and I like how easy it is to access all my things.

Slight disclaimer, I do throw things away if they get crumbled or out-of-date, so everything here I do use, and I am in no way bragging. Also, if any of the pictures have a weird warm/pink tinge, its my pink curtains, they seem to make my whole bedroom pink! Hope you enjoy...

The whole thing...



















The storage system used for my makeup is from Muji (duh) and it is 3 of these stacked on top of each other. The slight ombre little box everything else is in was one of the gift boxes which perfume gift sets come in. I always keep these boxes as they come in so handy for storage. The other half of this box is actually used for my most-used nail polish storage (yes, I'll do my nail polish collection too!)

Here is the things I keep at the top of my makeup storage. All my brushes, and some of my lip balms are kept in this Muji acrylic pen stand. I have Revlon Lip Butters in Strawberry Shortcake, Sweet Tart and Juicy Papaya. I also keep two of my Rouge Pur Couture YSL lipsticks at the top, aswell as my Dior Forever Foundation (which I LOVE) and the infamous Chanel bronzer, which takes up too much room in the drawers. I love the Chanel packaging, so I always enjoy using (and staring) at this. There's also a little kabuki brush up there, which I don't use very often, (I cannot remember where it is from!) but if I need it, its kept handy.

In my first drawer, and my "base" drawer I have:
MAC Prep and Prime Fortified Skin Enhancer in Adjust (mouthful...)
Revlon Nearly Naked
Diorskin Nude BB Creme
Estee Lauder Double Wear
L'oreal Lumi Magique
Rimmel Match Perfection
Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (In two shades- I'm actually inbetween two, so I tend to mix it.)
Benefit POREfessional

For higher coverage days, I tend to use Laura Mercier or Estee Lauder. Rimmel's Match Perfection is something I go for for quick makeup, as it matches to my skin tone so well, I hardly need to do any blending or buffing to get a perfect, light finish. My lighter coverage foundations are the Revlon Nearly Naked (reviewed here) and I also love the Dior BB creme. Out of all of these, I'd say the L'oreal is my least favourite...

My second drawer is a combination of my most-used and a couple miscellaneous products. In here is:

Rimmel Stay Matte in Translucent (sits on top of Clarins palette)
Benefit Brow Zings in Medium (sits on top MAC Correct and Conceal)
Clarins Odyssey face palette (review here)
MAC Correct and Conceal Palette in Light
Estee Lauder Eyeshadow Duo in Raisins
Nars Laguna Bronzer
Benefit Erase Paste in 01 Fair
MAC Brow Set in Beguile
Origins Plantscription Concealer in Light
Tweezerman Brow Mousse
YSL Touche Eclat in 02
Avon Glimmerstick Brow Definer in Blonde
By Terry Touche Veloutee

I tend to use a non-illuminating concealer under my eyes and on blemishes (MAC palette, Erase Paste, Origins plantscription) before using an illuminating one to highlight afterward (YSL, By Terry) so even though it looks like I have tons of concealer, I do use and love every one of them. And brow products, I have some for quick and easy application (Avon definer, Tweezerman brow mousse) and some which I tend to use for a better effect when I have enough time to apply them (Brow Zings, MAC brow set.)

Tanya Burr raved about this in one of her videos earlier this year, when I was at my local Estee Lauder counter I thought I'd have a little nosey, and I immediately fell in love with the gorgeous pink/champagne shade, and the rich red bordering on burgundy. Despite what you may think, these are VERY wearable shades, and if you have light eyes like me, they'll suit you. For reference, my eyes tend to look a different colour in all lights, they can be Blue/Green/Grey... So its a pretty versatile shadow duo!

So, that's a little look into my makeup collection. The rest is coming soon! Keep an eye out for the rest... 

ALSO.. If you want to see any of these products on my face, swatched, in more detail or reviewed drop me a comment below and I'll be very happy to do them for you. But as you can imagine, doing everything would be a little silly if no one is interested! Lots of love.

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Love these kinds of posts! I absolutely love the dior BB cream, I only tried it once as a sample but I fell in love. Thinking about buying full size,
    what do you think about it?

    www.bettyvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its amazing Bethany. I got a trial size from my local counter and then bought the full size after having it on for the day. I'm sure if you go in, they'll match you up and give you a few day's worth xxx

      Delete
  2. Wowzers, you have a great collection, mine is quite big, I've never dared go through it to do a post like this but I bet if I did i'd find stuff I forgot I had! Now a follower! :-)

    Hels X

    http://www.babybeautifulmummy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Helen! Haha I'm sure you would. I did the same with my nail polish collection and was like "urgh, when did I buy this?" Xx

      Delete
    2. Haha maybe I should! I think it would take a while though! Look forward to seeing the rest of your posts!

      XX

      Delete
    3. Thank you! I think the second one may be popping up this evening! Xx

      Delete
  3. WOW! I am so in love with your collection haha. I've always wanted to try NARS products but they are quite pricey, andy particular product from them you would recommend?
    Much love,
    Jessica xo


    www.jessicadoesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I'd try one of the multiples. If your not sure which go in store or check swatches online. The Laguna bronzer is a popular one too, I really like it. And so are their blushes. I have "deep throat" is a gorgeous pink without looking too Barbie! Let me know what you pick up if you get any! Have a good weekend lovely xxx

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig