Wednesday 4 September 2013

The Quest for that Perfect Glow - Dior Nail Glow Review

Hey chicas! No, you're not seeing things, this is a real post from me. I decided to brave my leg-burning, overheating, old laptop to get a post up so you don't think I've disappeared off the face of the earth.

We're forever searching for that perfect glowing look, whether it be with our hair, skin, eyes, teeth, it seems we're becoming more and more obsessed with looking healthy, and finding products that can recreate it (especially for the girls like me, struggling to say no to chocolate.) One place I'm always whining about wanting to look perfect is my nails, whether it be the hideous flaking or accidental snapping, they're always refusing to do as I tell them to. However, despite numerous buffing tools, files, treatments and cuticle oils, I've never really referred to my nails as glowing, or even wanting them to glow, until now...

Dior nail glow is a pink tinted, completely sheer polish which gives your nails a french manicure effect without the tiresome white tips which, honestly, remind me of us getting giddy with the tip-ex in boring maths lessons. -I know you all did it! I have no idea how this works, but it whitens your tips and makes the pinks of (well, the pink...) your nails pinker (you know you've missed my miraculous language don't you) ;)

As with the majority of Dior products, the Christian Dior logo is etched into the cap, adding to this products luxurious feel. I picked mine up in my local Debenhams store, and I used some of my beauty card points so I think it only ended up costing me a couple pound, but it is available to buy at Escentual for the cheapest price of £15.30. I'm so glad I purchased this, it works amazingly on my nails, and if it runs out, which I cannot imagine it doing soon (a little does go a long way!) I'd definitely recommend. A generous 9.5/10 from me! And not just because I have a little Dior addiction.

- The first hideously hideous snap is my naked nails feat a little tan staining from last week, woops! 
- The second, somewhat less hideous snap is ONE coat of Dior Nail Glow, how fantastic is that?
- The third is my complete manicure, two coats of Essie's Ballet Slippers, one coat of Essie Mademoiselle, and a generous coat of Seche Vite's top coat to give it that gel-like finish.


I personally feel if you're addicted to opaque polishes, this is a complete unnecessary product, and you'll get no use out of it whatsoever, but, if you're not allowed nail polish for work, or school, this is ideal. For sheer pink polish addicts like myself too, this is a perfect base coat, it preps your nails much better than any other base coat.

Hope you've enjoyed this post. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my Photoshop discs will transfer easy enough onto my new laptop so I can get posting again, because I miss blogging and you lovely guys!

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Your nails look gorge in this! (And with a full mani)

    I did a review of Nail Glow too...luv it as a product!

    x

    PS Feelin' your pain...my laptop takes about 3 days to start up...ugggh :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I remember seeing your review, love your nails too. First world problems, ey? X

      Delete
  2. I love the look of this product! I love sheer nail polishes, and Dior is definitely my favourite brand x

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow what an amazing product! your nails look so healthy and fab - so jealous xx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gem! I hate my teeny tiny nail beds, but thank you :) xxxx

      Delete
  4. Looks like a lovely product :)
    Also, I love your blog, it's very nicely designed! Followed :)
    alicekatex ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Alice! Have a great weekend lovely xxx

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig