Wednesday 31 July 2013

More Crownbrush Love - Duo fiber Face Brushes Review

As mentioned in one of my previous posts, I was lucky enough to win the beautiful duo-fiber face collection of brushes from my faves, Crownbrush UK. As always, they came with immaculate packaging, and super-speedy delivery just a couple days after I had passed my address onto them. I used three of these brushes on my birthday, and everyone commented on how lovely my skin looked, as well as the complete adoration of my flawless face make-up myself. (That sounded completely big-headed, and it was the only way to get my point across, I apologise, but it was totally unintentional!)

The brushes from left to right are; Bronzer C442, Face Powder C406, Liquid Foundation C404, Blush C436.


Despite that this is stated as a bronzer brush, I found this brush worked best at buffing in my foundation. With it being my birthday, and having a little more time to spend on make-up, I applied two shades Laura Mercier's silk creme, to lightly contour, and my foundation was left twice as flawless as it usually would be with a Real Techniques Buffing brush, or my triple-the-price Urban Decay Optical Blurring brush.

I have used this brush for applying both cream blush products, and cream highlighters, and have loved the finish created with both. It is a similar size to the liquid foundation brush, but thanks to the shorter length of the bristles, this brush is a little more dense, and I find moves the product around less, which is ideal for getting a more precise application either on the apples of the cheeks, or the tops of cheekbones, depending on what it's used for. I hadn't realised that I already had the liquid foundation brush, and have already reviewed it in my previous Crownbrush post (here) but I've chosen to use this brush for applying my radiance primers, as I found the application with a brush makes the product work into my skin easier, and I can use less product than I would normally.




This face powder brush probably hasn't seen as much action as the others, as I tend to favor a natural finish to matte. But whilst we had the horribly sticky and warm weather, I applied my powder with this, and applied a little MAC Fix+ afterwards, and I have to say, it left a much nicer finish than without the powder. My makeup stayed put, even after a long country walk and a few wine and sodas.

I'm completely thrilled with these brushes, and once again Crownbrush has knocked every other brush company off my radar thanks to their incredible customer service, speedy delivery and more than perfect professional quality brushes.

If there was an angel and devil sitting on each shoulder, even the angel would be telling you to treat yourself on the Crownbrush site. I promise you won't be disappointed, go, go, go! I currently have a 10% code off for all my followers too, which is FINJA13, and my link in the sidebar will take you straight to their site.

Thanks so much Crownbrush. You have once again, completely revolutionised my make-up routine!!

SHARE:

38 comments

  1. The brushes look gorgeous ! I want them now ♥
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they lovely! Pick some up while their cheaper! ;) xx

      Delete
  2. These brushes look pretty awesome! Eeeeee, if only if only. Thanks very much xo
    Jasmine @ rabbit-wood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy late birthday! I'm in need of new brushes, so I might give these a try! Lovely post x

    Http://yourteendiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great! I'm in need of new brushes might have to try them.

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so in love with my crown brushes.. I can't stop buying them, as they're all so amazing and cheap! These all look sooooo soft, and lush <3 xx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Everytime I go on their site I don't know how I get off it!! They are, sit stroking my face with these secretly, haven't used them for makeup ;) haha! Xxx

      Delete
  6. after reading your post, i want them now :/ haha xx

    www.AvneeshnKaren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow- if they're better than Real Techniques I better get some!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, they are! And most are cheaper! Score!! X

      Delete
  8. I love Crown Brush, their brushes are so good. Got quite a few at IMATS :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky thing! I wish I'd have been at IMATS.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for entering my giveaway Molly!! Loving your blog, now following you back sweetie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i want them too. my favourite type of brushes are duo fibre and they look amazing!

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    dont forget to enter my RiRi Woo Giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very good, can't recommend them enough!

      Molly x
      Lyon Notes

      Delete
  11. Those brushes look outstanding! When a company has great customer service it makes them more appealing, I'm more likely to go back and back again when there is good service. Not sure why every company hasn't figured that out! haha!
    Kallie, But First Coffee Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree with you more! If I go to a shop and I'm made to feel welcome I'm like ten times more likely to spend in there! Thanks for commenting x

      Delete
  12. I had never heard of these brushes before this post. I am a religious user of my Mac and RT brushes but this review makes me want to try these so bad, might have to make a cheeky purchase :)

    Melissa | MELISSA LOVES THIS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a go! I promise you won't be disappointed. I have all three and favour my Crownbrushes every time!

      Delete
  13. These look great! I'm obsessed with make up brushes at the moment haha

    mollyrosecleaver.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they make such a difference don't they! X

      Delete
  14. Good make up brushes make all the difference to your make up! Its crazy the difference they can make! Everyone should own some decent brushes!

    BritishBeautyAddict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree with you more! Crappy makeup can be made so much better with good brushes and a little knowledge on how to use them.

      Delete
  15. I don't own any brushes...although I really should! Those look amazing!

    The Craziest Paradigm - a 'lil bit of rust & stardust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, really? How do you apply things like powder and eyeshadow?! X

      Delete
  16. These brushes seem really great! Check out my blog when you get the chance & follow if you enjoyed it! :)

    http://ncboodah.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  17. These sound lovely, I have only really tried RT brushes and I really like them but have heard great things about Crown brushes :) definitely want to try a few out! :) xxx
    frecklesandflawsbeautyblog

    ReplyDelete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig