Saturday 28 September 2013

The Brush Addiction continues - Crownbrush NEW Infinity Series

A couple weeks back I was doing possibly one of my most dreaded tasks ever, walking to the bus stop (over-dramatic, huh?) and as I strolled casually listening to the same drivel on my iPod I got a little blip on my Blackberry which was an email from the excessively talented Karla Powell make-up artist, asking if I'd like to be sent some of Crownbrushes new Infinity range to review. Being a huge fan of CB as I'm sure you all know by now, I was very giddy, and the thought of receiving some brand spanking new brushes definitely got my through the bus journey!

Anyway, onto the brushes, and large amounts of Crownbrush praise, as usual....




With the revamp of their Infinity range, the new brushes claim to apply powder, cream and liquid without absorption into the bristles, which are soft-synthetic AND vegan friendly. The handles have been changed to a much sleeker matte finish, with an imprint of each brush number to be able to access your favourite brushes easily.



C451 - Small Round Buffer
In the blogging community, everyone seems to go completely cuckoo for the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, which as a part of a set (when no one uses the others!) is a steep price for £20+, however, when compared to this little buffing brush is TERRIBLE in comparison. This buffing brush makes foundation application a breeze, and doesn't pick up excessive amounts of product, whilst smearing it around your face like some do. It makes application, quick, easy, and a lot more comfortable thanks to the super-soft bristles. I can truly recommend this brush to everyone, whether it be for personal or professional use, when looking for an incredible high definition, photo-ready application of base products.

(Note: I've used this with all different foundations, from BB creams, to thicker ones, like Laura Mercier's Silk Creme, as well as using it to buff in MAC Strobe Cream for a dewy finish, and Benefit Sun Beam for a highlighted, Victoria's Secret glow. So yes, it really is a "one size fits all" kind of deal with this brush!)

C453 - Angle Blush
Probably the dark horse of the bunch, and something people are less likely to be drawn to, but this is quite impressive at multi-tasking. So far, I've used this for foundation application, contouring (and with the thinner end of the brush) blush, and highlighter. I found this worked incredibly with powder cream and liquid products, and even when cleaned kept it's shape and original "softness."

C457 - Round Blender
This brush is completely ideal for application of concealer, eyeshadow primer, and for contouring both cheekbones and the bridge of your nose. It picks up just the right amount of product, and blends it in well without leaving little bristles on your face, like I've found with some fluffier small brushes. I've found it works well with my MAC concealer palette, and lighter, more liquid concealers, aswell as my Nars Eyeshadow Primer and Chanel Soliel Tan de Chanel, so like the other two brushes, is once again a miracle does-everything brush!

I've found all of these brushes to be absolutely amazing, and possibly some of my favourite brushes yet, especially for working with cream and liquid products, which I seem to be favouring at the moment.

As if I wasn't already madly in love with this brand, they've gone and topped themselves AGAIN. I'd like to thank you so much Crownbrush, for sending me these goodies, which have revolutionized my makeup routine and made a very happy girly. I love you guys!


SHARE:

14 comments

  1. They look like amazing brushes especially the small round buffer!

    lanalovesxxblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little wonder worker, I think it may just be love! x

      Delete
  2. I've never tried Crown brushes but even from the photos they look so soft!

    Beauty for the Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah they truly are! I've never felt any like it, they should make blankets out of it, cause it'd be the comfiest thing ever! Haha.

      Delete
  3. I love brushes too ! They look so good ! :)
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so weird to think I used to never use brushes! They're amazing Sara, can't recommend enough! x

      Delete
  4. I have been on the Crown Brush wagon for a while (even though I have the RT ones too) and I love them. I find them my most used ones that I have and adore each and every one. I even have a small travel set of them too. I find they wash superbly - I am a baby shampoo aficionado when it comes to the brush cleanser of choice - without shedding and keep their shape. Don't get me wrong, there are 2 RT bushes I adore, but if you gave me the choice of a Crown set or a RT set, I would take the Crown ones any day.

    Fantastic review and yup, the C451 is now on my Christmas wishlist!

    Fi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree with you more, Fi! I mean granted, RT have some amazing brushes for base, cheek, etc. but they totally lack in eye brushes, lip brushes, and ones for contouring. Crown just have it all covered. Ooh let me know what you think if you get it, I personally love it! x

      Delete
  5. These brushes look lovely! Will have to do some more research I'm always on the lookout for new brushes to try!

    Lyndsey

    ellelaww.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you do! They have a blog, and all forms of social media so it's really easy to work out which brushes are for you! Let me know if you end up getting some! x

      Delete
  6. That angled brush looks amazing! might have to purchase this set

    daenabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is! You won't be disappointed if you do! x

      Delete
  7. These look SO amazing, I love brushes, no one should let me buy them, I always buy too many, but...oh, you twisted my arm! ;)

    Becki xo

    http://ninaalicia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm such a brush pusher ;) DO IT DO IT. x

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig