Friday 21 June 2013

How Did it Get Late so Soon? - Nighttime Skincare Routine (And extras)

Much unlike my morning skincare routine (post here), my nighttime is much more complex (yes, THAT serious!)


I start off by removing all my makeup with whatever Micellar water I have on the go at that moment. I'm currently working my way through a bottle of Bioderma, which may I add.. I love! Then I apply a little La Roche Posay below my cheek bones (down to my jaw), across my chin and I rub whatever is left on my fingers across my nose. At this point I usually do everything else that I have to do before bed, brush my teeth, hair, put my pyjamas on and apply a body moisturiser. This gives time for the effaclar duo to soak in a little before the next step in my routine. 

I then apply the same serum as I use in the morning, Dr Weil x Origins Skin Tone perfecting serum. I do the same as in my morning routine now, by applying my eye cream prior to my moisturiser. The current nighttime moisturiser of choice is Starting Over by Origins, which I must say, I'm not too keen on, but I'll be switching this out my routine when I've finished the pot. I just want to comment on also, that YES this is an anti-aging moisturiser, and YES, I'm only 18, but the clue is in the name it is "ANTI-aging" it is a preventative, not a cure. I'm only commenting on this because does anyone feel there is a bizarre stigma surrounding people using anti-aging products from a young age?! It's not at all like I'm having botox, its a moisturiser, which more than likely, has nothing which will help improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles anyway.

I then apply a generous amount of lip balm depending on whatever I have handy (Burt's Bees, Nuxe Reve de Miel or Blistex Relief cream is my lips are in bad condition). I'm currently using Nuxe's balm, as provided its heavier, waxier texture, it isn't one that I use often in the day. This is all after using Lush's Bubblegum lip scrub to remove any dry or flaky skin (much needed after a day of wearing a matte MAC lipstick...)


The skincare extras I tend to use when I need them, or on a weekly basis are Glamglow Supermud, Origins Drink Up intensive and REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask. These have all been mentioned several times on my blog, so I won't go into a lot of depth surrounding them. but I love them all equally for different purposes.

Hope you've enjoyed my mini-series of skincare routine posts. If any of you have skincare routine posts, I'd love to see them, I always love a good nosey at skincare regimes. 

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. your nighttime skincare is so similar to mine ! I really love the effaclar duo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't at first, but when I stopped using it I started getting a little spotty. Not good at all... Xx

      Delete
  2. We have a lot of the same 'favourites' ! the three facemasks in the end there are all part of my "oh no my skin is going mental and I need to save it" routine :) Been loving your skincare posts hon!! Xx Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I must call my mask routine that from now on! Thanks gorgeous xx

      Delete
  3. wow what a regime!!
    I keep hearing about the effaclar duo, I really must invest...



    http://blondeambition3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! It's worth a go. But if you're like me and your skin wasn't too bad to begin with, I wouldn't. Mine can't live with out it now. Sob :( xx

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig