Monday 24 June 2013

Bye Bye, Beauty.

I personally, absolutely love "empties" posts, I think they show a brilliant insight into how good, or how bad a product is. If something is dreadful, it probably won't ever be an empty tube, but if something is amazing, it'll get severely mutilated with a pair of kitchen scissors to get the last teeny little drop from the bottom. And for those who aren't aware of the "empties" concept, it is where over an amount of time, you keep the empty packets of the things you've used up, and comment on what you think of them when you've can determine just how good they really are.


My apologies for the dreadful photography in this post too, I'm in the middle of "having a clear out" making a mess and only have a little area under my window where I can see the floor. And with it being under my window the light isn't the best. But all of a sudden all my products seem to be running out, so I thought I best get all of these out of the way and in the recycling bin.

Skincare 


REN Radiance Perfection Serum- Although I love the scent of this, and its sister product, the Glycolactic mask I just wasn't hooked by this product. I didn't see any improvements or radiance coming from this product, and if I went a day without using it, my skin didn't look dull or feel any different. It does apply like a dream, and feels so lightweight on the skin, but unfortunately these are it's only redeeming qualities. Would I repurchase? No, I've tried better, and I own better.

Origins GinZing Eye Cream-Yes, more Origins... This cream seemed to have lasted an absolute lifetime! I liked it, but not as much as everyone else seems to do. It's illuminating properties are great for days when you want to wear no makeup, but I don't think it offers as much moisture as it could. Would I repurchase? In all honesty, I'm not sure. I'm quite loving the Kiehls eye cream which has circulated into my routine, but if for some reason I started to dislike that, I think I would repurchase this. But I'm not in a rush to replace this. 

Origins Brighter by Nature- For an Origins moisturiser, I thought this one was a little "meh" it seemed quite heavy on the skin, despite its texture being light, and it tended to leave my skin feeling a little tacky. And as for its claim of being brightening, I didn't notice this at all. Would I repurchase? No, this is definitely more suited to day-time and you all know that GinZing is now my one true love. 

La Roche Posay Micellar Solution- You all know my love for micellar water, I won't waffle for too long. This thoroughly removes makeup easily, and leaves zero residue on the skin. Would I repurchase? YES. Completely 110% I'll repurchase this product, and I already have a backup! 

Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me- This is the first time EVER that I have finished a lip balm. So I guess it's quite the monumental moment for me. But I love this product so much. Would I repurchase? Definitely, my Aunty actually brought me two back from when she went to Vegas so I should be stocked up for a while.

Bodycare

Soap and Glory Clean, Girls Body Wash- A delightful smell, and the lovely moisturising and quick lathering wash that you expect from the much-loved Soap and Glory. I'd go as far as saying this is my favourite wash by them as a brand. Would I repurchase? In the future, yes... But as I have so many various bottles scattered across every inch of my bedroom, I don't think I need any yet!! 

Clarins Moisture-Rich Body Lotion- I got this as part of one of those gift sets, the ones with miniatures that costs the same price as the product itself so you think "well I may aswell if it's free" but then it gets stuck at the back of a drawer and not touched. Anyway, I found this and thought I'd give it a quick go, much to my surprise, I loved it! It had a pleasant, subtle scent and soaked in quick enough for me to not freeze whilst running around semi-naked waiting for it to soak in. Would I repurchase? As with the above, when some of my current products have run down, I'll repurchase, definitely! 

L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream- Single handedly (okay, great pun, but unintentional) the best hand cream I have ever tried. And like the Baby Lips, this is the first time I've finished a hand cream too, I tend to just fall out with the ones which leave you feeling greasy and with overwhelming scents. The scent of this reminds me a little of baby products, which I don't like but its immediate moisture and it's ability to make yucky hands look worthy of a million pound diamond ring make the scent less of an issue. Would I repurchase? As soon as this finished I was scouring the internet for the cheapest tube (Debenhams- 10% off)  to have it arrive two days later. And let me tell you, those two days were PAINFUL.

Haircare 

Toni and Guy Finishing Shine Spray- This seems to have been discontinued as I cannot find it anywhere. I bought it a couple years back and reintroduced myself to it, to remember why I loved this lightweight shine spray so much. Would I repurchase? Sadly, I can't. Sob....

Avon Moroccanoil Hair Mask- With my Aunty being a Rep for Avon I got this before anyone else did, and yes, I probably should have reviewed it then, but hey... turns out I'm a little slow. (nothing new...) But for its price (I paid £1.50 but Avon prices are forever fluctuating) this hair mask is pretty damn incredible! It's a very thick consistency, like most masks, and after 3 minutes of this being on your hair, and rinsed off in cold water, flyaways are non-existant, frizz is eliminated and sleek locks to envy Mila Kunis will be yours. Would I repurchase? Totally, it's a genuine bargain and makes the greatest companion to Moroccanoil. 

Fragrance


Ted Baker XO EDT- The name "XO" makes me cringe, but as you can see, it had pretty much rubbed off the bottle, and I'd be lying if I said I'd purchased this, I kind of, pinched borrowed it from a relative. It's a lovely scent, sensual and timeless, encased in a gorgeous bottle, but like most EDT doesn't have a strong staying power. I'd compare this to more of a body-spray than a perfume. Would I repurchase? Probably not, I have better perfumes at the moment which I'd choose over this. Although I'd recommend this for younger girls, or a gift for someone who you don't know very well.

Valentina Acqua Floreale EDT (Sample)- I'm pretty sure I put this in a wishlist post a while back. This is the most incredible scent, and lasts so much longer than the typical eau de toilette. I absolutely adore it, not to mention the gorgeous bottle of the full-size version. Would I repurchase? Totally. Not quite yet as I do have quite a few perfumes, but this is so lovely I will get a bottle at some point.


Miscellaneous

Avon Nail Experts Conditioning Cuticle Pen- Currently on a health kick for my nails, and cuticle oil isn't new for me, but I used to use it as and when I needed it, now, I've decided on a every day and night routine. This one has a brush applicator, similar to that in Touche Eclat, enabling you to apply the oil easily and not get a greasy oil all over your finger tips. I quite like this oil, and I'd go as far as saying it's my favourite I've used so far. It has a beautiful lavender scent, which when you apply just before bed is very relaxing and soothing soon as your head hits the pillow. Would I repurchase? Yes, I would. I very much prefer the applicator to other oils even if it doesn't hold as much product as some others.

Eye Candy Lash XLR8- This popped up in my first favourites post a couple months back but hasn't been mentioned since. I thought that once I stopped using it I might end up with dead-looking, sparse brows, but how wrong I was. They seem to be even fuller since I've stopped using this. How this has happened, I don't know... Would I repurchase? Seeing as it didn't actually do anything for my brows, no.

Bassetts on the go Vitamins (Maintain)- As you can see there's two packets of these, so they're definite repurchases for me, but I'm unsure on how you "review" a vitamin... These taste good, there you go... Would I repurchase? I do, everytime I'm about to run out. These must be something like my 8th tubes now.

Hope you've all enjoyed this post. And with the thought of GFC soon becoming obsolete, make sure you click that Bloglovin button in the sidebar, I don't want to lose a single one of you lovely lot!

Lots of love.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. That's a cool post ! I love empties too, it means I can go buy some more ! :D

    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, always the best way to look at it! Out with the old, in with the new! X

      Delete
  2. I thought you were giving up on blogging with that post title mwahahahaha! You have done so well getting through so many :D :D :D xxx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh-oh, sorry! Nooo I couldn't I love it too much! I know, right? I'm beyond proud of myself (such a saddo) xxx

      Delete
  3. I don't rate the Origins GinZing moisturiser much so I'm so glad I didn't pick up the eye cream! Love this post.

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Wow, I think you're the first I've heard to say that you dislike it! Thanks Anya x

      Delete
  4. "Mutilated with a pair of kitchen scissors"....haha...so true :)

    Great post...and L'Occitane hand cream is deffo the best...agreed!
    Shame it runs out so quickly!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel it's the best way to describe what happens to the poor things ;) haha! I thought it lasted quite a while actually, did you use it all the time? X

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig