Monday 10 June 2013

Favourite Things #2

I cannot believe its been a month since I last posted my Monthly favourites in the form of my "Favourite things" where does time go? Anyway, sharing what new things I've been loving, what things I've rediscovered, and the things still taking pride of place in my favourite things.

Beauty Favourites

Eylure Individual Lashes in Black (Short)- I got these off Amazon, as I didn't know you could actually buy them in packs by length. I've bought the packs in Boots before, and the "Long" ones in the packs are pretty much pointless, they are SO long that they look way too Barbie-esque for my liking. For day-wear, I like sticking a couple of these at my lash line for more volume. I tend to use these when I wear a smokey-eye, as without full-looking lashes, my eyes can look a little sleepy (probably not, it's my nervous Nelly coming in there...)

Eylure Dylash (Black)- Not a new discovery for me, but it is in this shade, as I used to buy the dark brown one for my blond-ish eyebrows, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference. I was terrified of trying the black as I thought it would be way too obvious, but when I went in Boots and this was all they had on the shelves, I decided I'd go for it. This works tons better than the dark brown, makes my brows look fuller, lasts a lot longer than the dark brown and makes me look a lot less brow-bald (another new-term I've coined!) when wearing no make-up

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top coat- Brought forward again, from last months favourites, I LOVE this top coat, and since using it, have seriously noticed a difference in how long my nail polish lasts, and how the tips don't wear as much as they had previously.

Revlon Nail polish in Gray Suede- I'd been hunting for a perfect non-sheer nude nail colour for a while now, and my Nan chose this one out whilst there was a 3 for 2 offer on in Superdrug last weekend. I've been loving it since! It has the teeniest shimmer, which stops the nail polish looking dull, but doesn't make it look glittery.

Clarins Liquid Bronze Self-tanning- Another one which has popped up in my favourites previously, I love this bronzer for achieving a healthy glow. I put a tiny amount on at night after my moisturiser and wake up looking fresh and glowing.

Origins GinZing Moisturiser- I won't ramble too long, you've probably already seen my review (if you haven't, it's here) but I LOVE this product, and it had been my day moisturiser since the day it came through the door.

Maxfactor Masterpiece Max- An old favourite of mine, and one of the only mascaras I've repeatedly repurchased. I picked this out of my mascara drawer by mistake, but I'm glad I did. Myself and this amazing all-rounder have restarted our love affair.

Burt's Bee's Pomegranate Replenishing lip balm- I've had this for quite a while, but as my Baby Lips balm is running out, I've been reaching for this more. It definitely protects and heals the lips more than any other balm I've tried, but can occasionally feel a little heavy. I've been using this every night before I go to sleep, and waking up to smooth, soft, plump lips.

Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray- This is also another time this has popped up. I'm going to review this next week, after the love it received on my Instagram picture I thought I should share just how incredible this bad boy is for giving you ideal surfer beachy locks.




MAC Conceal and Correct Palette in Light- It's no secret that I am a lover of fake tan, although I can be quite partial to a more porcelain and gothic look, so foundations and concealers started to become a problem for my ever-changing skin tone. I got this a couple months back when it came out so that I have concealers for days when I'm a little paler, and also a little tan. I'd never used correctors before, and these are ideal for covering up blemishes and dark circles. I love this palette, and if any of the shades run out, I will definitely be buying them as a full-size version. (These are the Studio Finish concealers, and offer a medium/full coverage)

YSL Rouge pur Couture in Blond Ingenu no 24- I bought this after hearing it was Lana Del Rey's signature lip colour. Whether that's true or not, I don't know, but it definitely reminds me of something that she would wear, and looks incredible with all make-up looks, not to mention the beautiful signature YSL packaging, and the moisturising qualities of this lipstick.

Roberto Cavalli EDP- One I put on my birthday list last year, I've been reaching for this more than some of my others recently. I'd describe the scent as floral, however much unlike some of the floral perfumes, it isn't sickly sweet, and feels much more sensual and seductive. It lasts quite a while on me too, however I know this is a personal thing. I tend to reapply every few hours, I usually go for about 4/5 with this scent, to keep myself smelling like roses (okay, not technically roses...)

Non-Beauty Favourites
The non-beauty related favourites this time haven't actually lasted me a whole month. This Blackberry and Elderflower herbal tea from Whittard is incredible, and one of my favourite drinks of the moment. I try to avoid drinking large amounts of caffeine, but like a hot drink before bed, so this is perfect. I already have a few boxes as backup I love them that much!

This one hasn't particularly lasted me a month, I started reading it about 5 days ago, and it is the last book in the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. Of course I had mixed emotions about reading this, with it being the end of the thirteen-book series, I was inevitably excited, yet sad to finish it. I'd glanced over reviews on Amazon before I'd started to read it, all saying they were left disappointed and wanting more, however I thoroughly enjoyed the ending, and thought it was unexpected, it completely broke the boundaries of the "love triangle" which every plot, whether it be book, or film, seems to be adopting currently.

Hope I haven't waffled on too much, and you've enjoyed this post.

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. just found your link on the Company forum and i'm definitely following.
    i'm currently interning with the company who do the PR for Bumble and bumble, so i'll show the girls in the office your coverage in the morning!
    Sophie x | sophielouisew_ fashion.beauty.lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sophie, that's so lovely! And lucky you. I'm going to do a full review on it very soon, and I need to try more Bumble products, I'm just trying to run my stash down a little. I'll check out your blog in the morning, my phone is shocking for viewing blogs! Xxx

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig