Friday 13 June 2014

Daily Necessities - A Look at my Inside Bag, Bag.

I'm single-handedly one of the nosiest people. Is anyone else completely eager to know what parcel the neighbours just received, or what lipstick the lady is wearing on the bus? I love "What's in my handbag" posts, and so I thought it'd be only fair to let you have a little glimpse into my overly messy handbag. Starting with my cosmetic necessities, and the one I usually call my "inside bag, bag."

The makeup bag is from Sew Lomax. She's a genius with a needle and thread, I usually pass on the most basic sewing jobs to someone else...



I hadn't realised I was so prepared for all occasions with my lip products, with the Bourjois Rouge edition (10) being a beautiful orange/red to take every makeup look through to night-time. The Burt's Bees is completely refreshing and an ideal lip balm for when my lips need a lot more TLC. My Clinique in Mighty Mimosa has been recently raved about here, I wont bore you with the details. Benetint is my go to for lips and cheeks, and without fail livens up my face whenever it needs it, so of course this is necessary to come EVERYWHERE with me. Nars Albatross highlighter is, in my opinion, disgusting. I just like the size of the mirror... 
 

I'm THE biggest clean freak and I hate not having hand gel with me, the idea of touching rails on public transport makes me shudder, so I'm the girl that goes through gallons of this stuff. Soap and Glory's hand maid is the only skin friendly, non-stinky version I've found yet, I love this stuff. Oh, and it's pink! And of course you can't wash your hands without hand cream afterwards, can you? The little, non-glamorous looking travel pot is filled with coconut oil, which I'm currently having a pure love affair with. I bought a pure version from Holland and Barrett in the penny sale, and now I carry a little pot with me everywhere. You'll wonder how you ever survived with only Vaseline...

 

Of course I need a little pot of Dior BB cream, because you never know when you may need impromptu coverage (I even used it on an angry looking bruise on my legs once!). My Tweezerman lash curlers have been demoted from my acrylic storage to makeup bag since I bought the Shu Uemera pair, but this somewhat well-worn set still do the eye-opening job for which they're intended. Of course all the lipstick and lash primping isn't going to make much difference if you have gross garlic breath, at which point comes in handy whatever gum or mints I'm carrying that week, and Dentek's super handy floss kit.
I'm really loving these at the moment, I've already gone through one little pack of six like this. The Dentek floss and toothpick is such a brilliant idea, and they really help when you spontaneously decide to go to Pizza Express...

Hope I've not bored you all to a near death. It's such a good job I tidied my handbag recently isn't it?

Have a good weekend everyone!

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Some of your products are amazing !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Isn't it adorable? Love it! Thanks lovely.

      Delete
  3. The bag is so cute! I'm glad I'm not the Only one who carries everything around with me!

    Kirstie
    www.ayellowbrickblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it! I love it, and nooo you're definitely not. My bag itself is even worse.. of course water, ipad, iphone, ipod a purse and umbrella are all necessary. Haha!x

      Delete
  4. I always have to carry a hand sanitizer with me too.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its completely necessary! You don't know when you might have to touch an icky stair rail, haha!

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig