Monday 5 August 2013

Perfume for your Hair?! - Dior J'Adore Hair Perfume Review

Listed on Escentual's website as a "Hair mist" it's easy to say that this is one of the most peculiar things I've ever owned - a hair perfume! It's easy to say I'm quite the sucker for things that are different, I love owning things no one else has (such a drama queen, aren't I?!) so when I read about this in a magazine, and with me being a self-confessed Dior addict, I knew I had to get my hands on one.

This is a 30ml bottle and is priced at £26.35 (at time of posting) on Escentual here in the UK. So, in my opinion is quite good value for money, given that Dior perfumes are a lot higher on the price scale...


The product itself is cased in a perfume shaped bottle, and comes out in a perfectly fine mist, so your hair doesn't get drenched with product, nor does it distribute unevenly in those dreadful little spits that hair sprays often do. I use about three sprays, for the sides and back of my hair, which tends to last from when applied in a morning, to when I scrape my hair up into my Invisibobble at night-time. But this product isn't only for making your hair smell like heaven, it is enriched with Ylang-Ylang oils, providing shine and nourishment to your locks.

The scent, is the same as the J'Adore perfumes, and is a beautiful floral, and feminine scent, with top notes of Ylang-Ylang, heart notes of Damask Rose, and base notes of Sambac Jasmine.


The packaging of this is completely beautiful, elegant, and looks nothing short of amazing lined up with my Miss Dior, Jo Malone and Diptyque on my dressing table. As with most Dior products, it has the little Christian Dior logo etched into the top of the bottle, a nice little touch don't you think?

On the less glamorous side, I feel like my hair smells amazing after washing anyway, so I wouldn't dream of unnecessarily product, so this does only see use when my hair is already dirty. While I like using quite natural dry shampoos, I find they don't disguise any (cue, upcoming TMI) unpleasant scents, so when the scalp is getting oilier, and the ends drier, this comes in more than handy for freshening up your "I really should have washed it last night" hair...

Overall, I love this product, if it runs out I'll definitely repurchase, as luxurious as it is, it really does perk me up, and make me feel so special when I go out. And much unlike the Velvotan Self Tan for the back applicator I reviewed last week, this is a novelty which works, and I thoroughly recommend to anyone who, like me, feels the urge to squirt their perfume all over their hair, too.
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I really like the idea that is for the hair, but I didnt quite liked the jadore perfume when i try it...
    I hope they do more of these, but with different fragances
    loved ur blog
    check out mine!
    http://randommonchi.blogspot.com.ar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit- so do I! Miss Dior in particular, I'd love to have matching scents!

      Delete
  2. It looks so lovely !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sold!
    This product sounds so lovely. I've never heard of a perfume for your hair before but I absolutely love the idea.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just! A total novelty, that just works. Brilliant, and a total money-maker. I really see these taking off in the future!

      Delete
  4. Oh wow I've never seen anything like this! Love the sound of it, I love my hair smelling nice and like that it's actually good for your hair too- ooh think I will be purchasing now :)
    Rosy x
    http://rostinted.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds lovely, never heard anything like it. I love the feeling of putting on an expensive perfume before a night out so this sounds like such a good idea!
    Lydia Rose
    www.lydiarosexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! Just why I bought it, and now I love it! X

      Delete
  6. I have to admit I never heard of hair perfumes before! This sounds really nice though. My favourite compliment to receiver EVER is "You smell nice" so I guess I should invest in a hair perfume! Thanks for the review, lovely. xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I can't say it's my favourite, but always a confidence booster!! You're welcome. Glad you like it xxx

      Delete
  7. This sounds lovely, may have to treat myself. I've also nominated your for the Liebster award over at http://chroniccosmetics.wordpress.com/2013/08/08/liebster-award-2/
    Beth x
    chroniccosmetics.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I really liked the idea for hair perfume and I will sure try it once for sure to check how good is Dior J'Adore Hair Perfume and I am quite sure that it will be good like other Dior perfume and fragrance.

    ReplyDelete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig