Tuesday 20 May 2014

Shopping Shopping

I kept meaning to do a haul post, shoving the packaging from all of these into a box, and saying "next week!" ... a few months and an overflowing wicker basket later, here's pretty much this years shopping. (I very kindly put the 6 bags of cotton wool I got to one side... You're welcome.) And okay... I've done way more shopping, but I've lost track.



I've really got a Dior/Chanel addiction haven't I? I swear, if I posted more frequently, it'd soon become the only thing I ever spoke about. Chanel Inimitable mascara is brilliant for a natural, wide-eyed look, and makes the perfect accompanying product for their Illusion D'Ombre in Emerveille, which is a beautiful creamy pink shimmer, almost like a sheer and glossier MAC Naked Lunch. (Just my kind of colour. Hubba, hubba...)  

The lady at Dior had impeccable sales techniques in getting me to buy the Dior Fluid Stick (shade: Kiss Me) saying she'd apply it on me to see what it's like as my lips looked dry... I resisted for all of two minutes. I said I'd think about it, catching a glimpse of it in a mirror at the YSL counter I boomeranged straight back to Dior "I'LL TAKE THEM ALL PLEASE..." kidding.


Are there any glamorous ways of doing swatches, too? These little arm blotches aren't quite cutting it for me. (Top to bottom; Dior Rouge Lipstick in 779 Illusion, Dior Fluid Stick in Kiss Me, Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Emerveille)



Feels a bit like a cop out putting something you've won into a haul post, but these things I got from Gemma and Laura were too good to not share...

I was like a kid at Christmas with this Urban Decay Vice 2 palette, it's colour range is incredible, and the buttery soft UD shadows had me saying "ooooh" more times than the Toy Story aliens... 


Snuck this order in whilst Escentual had 1/3 off French pharmacy, along with the Dior Illusion lipstick, the Avene water being a common repurchase for me, and this being the largest bottle yet, I'm having problems finding somewhere to keep it! I'm completely against dry shampoo too, but recently my hair has been being a tad awkward, so I was hoping something more natural like this Klorane offering would be less harsh than the likes of Batiste (shudder).



Anything by Jo Malone really needs to be introduced via a regal announcement, but since I don't have a trumpet, you'll have to believe that this Peony and Blush Suede Cologne is the most elegant, long-lasting and well packaged perfume I've ever owned.

I've already featured RMS's Living Luminizer once, so this seems reasonably backwards, but I LOVE THIS STUFF. Strivectin's Dark Circle eye cream on the other hand, I'm still on the fence on whether this expensive pot is doing anything other than that of what a cheap moisturiser could do.

As I usually stick at the bottom of any haul posts, please drop a comment, tweet, or IG if you want anything reviewed in full. We'd be here all day if I did them all...
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Wow you got some pretty amazing items here ! Congrats !
    Giveaway on my blog, get the bronze queen look
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing haul! And giveaway prizes TOTALLY count. I would count them! :D I am green with envy over Vice2 Palette!!

    Kate | themintedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! It's gorgeous isn't it? The colours a just a perfect rainbow. LOVE it.

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig