Wednesday 20 November 2013

Balmain Nail Couture Collection - The Ultimate nail varnish extravagance

When huge designer houses decide to do beauty products, this is exactly what you'd expect them to look like... 

Cue... 

Balmain's beautiful, extravagant, minimalistic offering... 



I was drawn to this like a squirrel is drawn to nuts, the colours in the box are all wearable, and would be ideal for someone starting off at branching into nail polish, thanks to the "suitable for every occasion" fashion shades. I'm the biggest fan of classic shades like these, and hardly ever wear glitter, or holographic nail polishes, so for a collection to come out, with shades this beautiful, I couldn't say no, could I?

The packaging of the box is literally the epitome of elegance, a simple, monochrome box, with the Balmain logo adorning the top, and the polishes themselves follow this theme, being simple, monochrome, square shaped bottles. (3,2,1 and swoon...)


The polishes themselves are actually really good quality, and have lasted a very long time in comparison to other designer polishes, cough, Chanel and YSL. The brushes are quite a wide fan-type brush, reasonably similar to that of Essie and Dior, meaning you can apply the polish in one swoop, especially with the curved tip, which seems to just follow the curve of your cuticle perfectly. Much unlike most nail polishes now, all three of these shades are opaque in two coats, without being excessively gloopy and thick in consistency.

I didn't actually get chance to take any pictures using a proper camera, so I've decided to sneakily use these that I posted on my Instagram. (Left to right, Noir with Mat Top Coat, Rouge, Nude)

So all in all, this is one of my favourite things of the moment, I'm falling in love with this beautiful collection, and couldn't recommend it more to people, you should all get one, because, well, I insist.

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. oooh they look lush!! Little miss Jealous over here :P xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha coming from you after all that Tom Ford gorgeousness the other day? I guess it's karma ;) x

      Delete
  2. Oh I know what you mean I am also a big sucker when it comes to packaging. They do look amazing especially the red colour!
    http://allaboutevesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like a weakness, I don't understand it, I just want it! Haha. Thanks lovely. X

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig