Friday 7 June 2013

My MAC Lipstick Collection

You know how I promised absolutely ages ago that I'd share my MAC lipstick collection (and eyeshadows, but I'm working on it) with you, well, I've finally got my butt into gear and took the pictures for it. I currently have ten MAC lipsticks, and I know that it isn't as many as some people, but if you consider that I never wore lipstick until about 9 months ago, I think I've developed quite the collection. Hope you enjoy.


Left to Right: Shy Girl (Cremesheen), Jubilee (Lustre), Cosmo (Amplified Creme), Faux (Satin), Chatterbox (Amplified Creme), Viva Glam Nicki (Satin), Lady Danger (Matte), Ruby Woo (Matte), Russian Red (Matte), Rebel (Satin)

I probably wouldn't be able to tell you my favourites of the bunch, as I do genuinely love them all equally. But I'd say that the ones I get the most wear out of are Cosmo, Faux, Lady Danger and Ruby Woo.

The brightness of Viva Glam Nicki really hasn't shown up in either of these pictures, it's a very bright yellow-toned pink, and something I'd usually turn my nose up at, "Me? Pink? I'll look like an idiot!" But this is one of those colours which everyone seems to compliment whilst I'm wearing it! It is also brilliant for a spin on a pin-up look, and I tend to always wear this with a contoured cheek, a cat-eye liner and voluminous lashes.

I'm quite lucky in the way that I have quite the neutral skin-tone and can get away with reds with both blue and orange undertones, and I bet you can't tell. I like my matte reds can you? I love wearing a matte lip, as I sometimes think glossy ones can make your lips look bigger, and this is the last thing I need. I use Ruby Woo to create a pin-up look, and Lady Danger I tend to use with a more minimal make-up to draw attention to this incredible orangey-red matte lip colour.

Despite how similar the nudes I have actually look, they do look quite different on the lip (I promise. Any excuse...) Shy Girl is a slightly sheer/orange toned nude, Jubilee being similar but more brown toned. Cosmo is almost like the opaque version of Jubilee, a rich pink/brown tone, and Faux is similar to this, but a little pinker, and a lot lighter in colour.

Left to Right: Shy Girl (Cremesheen), Jubilee (Lustre), Cosmo (Amplified Creme), Faux (Satin), Chatterbox (Amplified Creme), Viva Glam Nicki (Satin), Lady Danger (Matte), Ruby Woo (Matte), Russian Red (Matte), Rebel (Satin)

Hope you all have a brilliant weekend! I promise I'll bring you my MAC x15 eye palette collection soon! But I can tell you in advance, it's pretty much neutrals, neutrals and more neutrals.

Lots of love.
SHARE:

28 comments

  1. Thats a great collection! I love the look of chatterbox.

    BlogLovin' | BreezeyBee Blog | International Giveaway
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a great colour, I was bought it as a gift, and I LOVE it! Xx

      Delete
  2. Love seeing products all lined-up in a row!!
    Great minds :))

    Faux is my fave neutral here....and Russian Red is my all-time fave red....but they definitely do look different swatched (and on the lip).

    Nice post!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha great minds indeed! Yeah I love it, it's actually the first one I got. Any other nudes you could suggest? Xx

      Delete
  3. I do love a Mac Lippy post :) I'm thinking of doing one soon. Great range of shades and you have one of my faves... Lady Danger.

    Love Kate at prettylittleus

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay please do! Then I can lust over (and probably end up buying) the ones you post! Haha. Isn't it a beautiful shade! Thanks Kate! Xxx

      Delete
  4. Ahhhhh so jealous of your collection! I'm building mine up now :)

    x

    Also, I wanted to personally invite you to enter my Sephora & Zoya giveaway!

    http://mash-elle.blogspot.com/2013/05/zoya-ulta-100-follower-giveaway.html

    Xo, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, don't be! Cool, A girl can never have too many lipsticks! Xx

      Delete
  5. I really like those nude shades. I'm looking for the perfect one for work. Do you have any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love Faux for a subtle look. But if you want something a little more sheer, try Jubilee! Thanks lovely xx

      Delete
  6. That's an impressive collection. Anew follower here
    www.allthatsparklesbyb.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them all!! I love mac lipsticks :) xxx

    dieniobeautydiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great collection. I only have 1.

    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was a kid, I was addicted to sticker albums and that type of stuff, it's as if I've just upgraded to lipsticks now, haha! X

      Delete
  9. Russian Red and Rebel look amazing! I only have 4 lipsticks but 3 of them I share with your collection - Shy Girl, Chatterbox and Viva Glam Nicki :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really pretty! Ooh great minds think alike. What's your fourth one? X

      Delete
  10. That's a gorgeous collection ! I follow your blog :)

    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very jealous of your collection, got some amazing colours there!

    http://ringoringorosie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woow, great collection!! Mega jealous!


    Http://blondeambition3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. very jealous of your collection, I especially love the Rebel shade x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been umming and arring about buying lady danger for a while now, this blog has definitely convinced me to get it :)

    www.courtneymalley.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, brilliant! It's amazing. It's a definite perfect red! Xx

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig