Monday 27 April 2015

The Anti-Discoball Highlighter - Laura Mercier Radiance Primer

I have, without a doubt, the largest love/hate relationship with highlighters. I used to have the biggest hate for them given they all reminded me of the severe Nars Albatross, Kim Kardashian look. Now I'm a touch more obsessed with them, more specifically, the glossy and dewy highlighters that make you look as if you've had 6 more hours sleep than what you've actually had. 

I've had the Laura Mercier Radiance Primer in my arsenal for years now, given its huge size, it's lasted me more than long enough as a primer to help boost the glow of my usual foundation. Now, I've found plenty more uses for this product. My favourite one?... A highlighter! Yup, radiance primers make the best, most natural-looking highlighters.   

laura mercier radiance primer multi-use as highlighter




After a full base application (foundation, concealer and setting powder) I put less than a pea-size amount on the back of my hand, warm it up a little, and (for the lack of a better word) slap it on my cheekbones, exactly where light would naturally hit. It has no visible shimmer, but the orange tones seem to perk up, and mesh with the complexion, rather than looking like the obvious glitter ball offered by most highlighters. When combined with a setting spray, it's lasting power is pretty impressive, and it will get you through the day without needing to worry about reapplication.

Another method for I sometimes use for a more subtle, all-over glow, is to mix it, half and half with your usual foundation...

laura mercier radiance primer multi-use as highlighter
I'm currently feeling a touch mean, as I can't find this in stock anywhere online! I've dropped in a link above, and for those hoping to achieve a supermodel glow, I'm sure a little waiting won't hurt - right?!  
SHARE:

1 comment

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig