Tuesday 20 January 2015

Beating Dull Winter Skin

I couldn't have picked a more relevant time to write this if I tried. The ground outside is covered in a layer of ick (formally known as snow, but I much prefer it's new name) and I've been donning a sheet mask, which made me look like a murderer, thanks for asking. All because of the evil season, Winter. While buying a new coat is usually exciting, nothing else about this freezing cold season is. Everyone cranks the heating up, and your skin dries out until it resembles a flaky desert. So I figured I'd share the couple skincare bits I've been turning to to look less like a horror movie character... 


I always underestimate Clarins as a brand, so it was quite surprising for me to realise just how often I use their products during the winter period. Their Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil is well raved about, and for good reason. It's a lightweight face oil, which hydrates much more than a moisturiser alone, or can be mixed with a moisturiser to make it slightly more hydrating. My favourite method of application is to take about four drops and massage them into my face with my fingers, then with the Body Shop Facial Massager to encourage the products to absorb into the further layers of my skin. The Radiance booster is ideal, as it's a self tan designed to be customisable, of which comes in handy during winter, meaning I can put one drop into my moisturiser, and have my skin appear less sallow, but without looking as if I'm overly tanned.

Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre and Avene's Thermal Spring Water are ideal products for day-time use, encouraging your makeup to have a good, well-hydrated base to avoid it clinging to any dry patches. My technique varies with these two, depending on just how dry my skin is, and whilst my techniques may make professional make-up artists cringe, my experimental application tends to work well for my skin. The moisturiser can be used heavily under a base, or can be mixed in as a DIY tinted moisturiser. If the moisturiser doesn't go far enough by itself, I use the thermal water prior to or post base to ensure it is hydrated, which helps to ensure the makeup is even and helps provide that dewy look we all long for.

I won't push drinking water, as I know it's a cliche. But it really does work...


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig