Wednesday 14 May 2014

Unsung Multitaskers

On one of those days when you know you have to go out, but just have a serious case of "cannotbearsed-itis" the idea of standing by your Muji drawers and perfecting your brows, lashes and under-eye bags seems completely overwhelming. So on these days everyday, the idea of grabbing a few products, sitting on the edge of your bed with a mirror is so tempting, and the idea of multi-tasking products sounds just perfect. So, I've compiled my list of the products we all know, love, and use, but for the purposes we don't always think of.



Chanel Soliel Tan De Chanel (or whatever this bizarre pot is called) is a wonder product for all year round. It's supposed to be a cream bronzer, but it's quite firm in texture, and nearly matte in finish with zero shimmer, making it perfecting for bronzing and contouring. This bronzer seems to offer quite a pleasant coverage too, and I've found that occasionally using this on it's own is perfect for letting skin breathe, but keeping a healthy glow. FYI it also works darling as a warm eyeshadow.

Benetint is one of those products that can take a while to get used to, being the same consistency as water, and a super-strength stain, the slightest drip on anywhere it isn't supposed to be is going to look like some sort of infectious disease. I found the best way to apply this to my cheeks is with a buffing brush (apply to the brush) then apply very light-handedly to my cheeks. Its a beautiful shade when applied directly from the brush to your lips, and buffed in with fingers. I always find using the teeniest amount of excess from this in my crease really helps to define my eye and lift and brighten my complexion.

RMS Living Luminizer is another weird little pot, but one that offers a beautiful, none-shimmery dewy look, whether it be used on cheekbones, eyelids, or in the cupids bow. This really brightens my eyes when used as a sheer tint across my lids, but it lasts no longer than an hour- any tips for avoiding creasing with something so creamy? (Yup, I did buy this because it featured in Phoebe Tonkin's ITG Top Shelf)

Clinique Naturally Glossy mascara in Brown is something I bought as when I have very little makeup on, black mascara looks so obvious and stark, I wanted to try something new... This is ideal for a natural look, adding volume, length, and a slight curl. It also works amazingly as a brow gel, I discovered this after dropping my brow gel under my bed, its glossy finish doesn't compromise on hold, and with it being a warm brown, it's ideal for dark brows.

Listing Eight Hour Cream as an "unsung" multi-tasker was probably brief stupidity, but the list of things this miracle product can do is longer than my legs... This beauty can be used as; lip balm, cuticle cream, dewy highlighter, on dry/cracked skin, on brows and lashes, knees, elbows, heels... You name it, this cream does it.

Now, LET'S GO DANCE IN THE SUN...

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I love the Chanel bronzer, but the Bourjois version is such a good steal too!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to try that one! It looks so much creamier, I'd love to have a super creamy version of it. Love dewy skin! x

      Delete
  2. I didn't know there was a fragrance free version of the Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream. I should have picked that one up instead xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could bring myself to use the original, it really is a love/hate type scent! This isn't completely unfragranced though, I just think its slightly less stinky, haha! xx

      Delete
  3. This makeup looks amazing !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  4. EH you've reminded me that I really need to repurchase mine I miss it! It's just one of those great all rounder products. You've defo made me want to try the Benetint I always thought they looked like nail varnishes but applying to brush seems to make sense maybe not as messy as I originally thought x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amaaazing? I've grew up with people around me using it and I've always been curious, so it's so nice finally trying it and having it live up to the expectations. It really is like nail varnish! I don't get the applicator either, surely a dropper would have been better? x

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig