Saturday 22 February 2014

Where does our Inspiration come from? #2 - Beauty

The first post I did looking at where our everyday inspirations come from was focusing on Fashion, and in particular, those I would call my muses, Ashley Madekwe, Phoebe Tonkin and Olivia Palermo. I thought it's about time (apologies for the delay!) that I share the people that inspire my beauty regime.

The Pretty Little Liars star Lucy Hale could not be further away from me in terms of what she looks like, given her hair is SO dark, and she's a teeny tiny petite girl, and my legs look more like Karlie Kloss'. But, ignoring this completely, I love how unlike other young celebrities, she recognizes she has young fresh skin, and doesn't need to overload it with product. Her typical makeup look is emphasis on the lashes, a defined brow, and what I think looks like a "bitten" lip, when the lip is stained with a beautiful raspberry tone, that always makes the rest of the look so fresh and youthful.   



Phoebe Tonkin has already featured in my fashion inspirations, and she had to appear in beauty too, given her similar, youthful approach to make-up and skincare. The defined brow, soft eyes with long, feminine eyelashes, and a beautiful raspberry stained lip. I've found myself bookmarking her Into The Gloss Top Shelf, and repeatedly looking at it wondering what I can buy next. I've already bought OPI's Bubble Bath as mentioned in the article, and it's slowly creeping into the list of my favourite ever polishes. So I must apologise if I start rambling on about her too much, but I'm really finding that I can relate to her wardrobe and beauty regime... 



Maybe a teeny little cheat using a website, but I always turn to ITG for beauty tips, from beauty insiders, celebrities, bloggers, and the incredible interviews they always seem to have with the most beautiful of the beauty knowledgeable. I without fail read their articles every time one comes to my attention, and more often than not will learn some sort of revolutionary tip or trick that can change your regime from tiresome to perfect.

I hadn't realised until doing these posts that I'm ridiculously inspired by brunettes despite being a blonde. Well, it is dark blonde...

Hope you're all still with me, evidently I'm quite passionately inspired by these. Hope you all have a great weekend. I can see sunny skies, so I'm contemplating walking off the bacon butties we had this morning.

Lots of love.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. These two girls are some of my favourite, especially Lucy Hale, what a beauty !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I know! How does her hair honestly stay that shiny? (Hearts for eyes face)

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of Into The Gloss but I'm defo going to check it out
    And phoebe is beautiful!! I've loved her ever since H2O: Just Add Water!
    Estelle x
    Letmegoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loooove it! It's one of those sites I have bookmarked and always turn to when I need little tips! Xxx

      Delete
  3. Lucy Hale's fashion AND beauty style is amazing! And since I'm also petite, she's one of my icons!

    Yuen @ The Craziest Paradigm - a 'lil bit of rust & stardust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never paid much attention to her fashion outside of PLL, despite that I don't like what she wears on that most times. Ah it's so good having someone to relate too!

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig