Friday 28 February 2014

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers - Necessity or not? - Review

With these being highly rated by beauty insiders like Lisa Eldridge and Charlotte Tilbury, it's hard to not feel as if these are something you need. I've always been both sceptical and curious about Shu Uemura's eyelash curlers, I mean, they're lash curlers, they aren't something you need to fork out so much money on are they? How can these be so different to a pair that cost closer to the £5 mark?



Well, honestly, I GET IT. These lash curlers truly are amazing and really are different to all the other pairs I had tried, and thought to have loved at the time. 


The curling with these takes a matter of seconds, and following the instructions on the box, you should have an impressive curl, with a hold that will last all day. The curlers them self seem to be quite resistant, and whatever doodad (yup- technical!) makes them tougher to clamp together give them more strength to shape all of your lashes in one go.

I like that much unlike my other pairs, the pads that come with the Shu lash curlers are black, meaning any little bits of mascara or liner that make their way onto the pad aren't as noticeable.(But no doubt that is one of the little things only I am amused by.)


All in all, these truly are glorious, and I can happily say that this is one hype I'm glad I gave into. They really are worth the money, and I love the results which come from using them. It's a 10/10 from me, and a full recommendation to anyone wanting a lash curler, whether amateur or expert...

Now, if I go bat my eyelashes at people, think I can get any free food? I'm pretty starved.

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I've been curious about these for a long time but never been able to part with the money for them! I currently use MAC Full Lash curlers and they do a pretty good job but I'm sure my curiosity will be piqued at some point when I'm feeling flush and I'll invest in the Shu ones! x

    Kat from Blushing Rose Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a sucker for my tweezerman pair, didn't take me long to cave. They're totally worth it though! X

      Delete
  2. Looks like such a good one !
    Giveaway on my blog, win a Vichy skin care product !
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, if you don't get the free food, I'm sure you'll at least get a drink! They sound great, I tend to just use Body Shop ones or whatever is lying about- my eyelashes are super long naturally and I can end up looking witchy if I overdo them. Having said that, investing in these with some clear mascara for a natural look would be amazing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well I didn't pay so I, guessing that counts? Ah you lucky thing. Mine are quite full, but not as long as I'd love them to be. X

      Delete
  4. I love these lash curlers! My sister bought them for me two christmases ago, but I never got round to using them as they scared me haha! Last year I gave them ago and now I panic if I can't find them!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look like some sort of torture device, I have to agree with you, haha! I did the same the other day, they fell behind my chest of drawers, I dropped everything to get them back again! xxxx

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig