Wednesday 24 April 2013

Favourite things of April '13

A little early considering April hasn't actually finished yet, but I love reading favourite posts from other bloggers, so I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and share some of the things I have been loving in the past month. And seeing as my blog as started in the middle of a month, and it is almost a month old now, I thought my first favourites should come along. Anyway, enough of the waffling on, here are the things I've been loving....

I have previously shown my love for Moroccanoil in this post, so I won't blab for too long, but this is just incredible, it had to be here. Another hair product in the form of Neal and Wolf's heat protection spray, I had never heard of this brand, until I asked my hairdresser what would be the best heat protection spray for my hair, as most of them have left my hair feeling limp, lifeless and the product just sits horribly on my hair. (I'm sure anyone that's tried Tresemme's attempt will understand this?!) She told me to give this a go, and they sold it in the salon, so at £9.00 a bottle, I thought I may as well try it, and I absolutely adore it. It smells so good that they should really consider making the scent into a perfume. COME ON... NEAL AND WOLF... PERFUME? Find it here

I've been really enjoying using Revlon's Colorstay Nail polishes, which I find really hard to get hold of for some reason. I bought two using my advantage card points on Boots.com and this shade is "Pale Cashmere" a sheer pink, which I have a LOT of, after Essie's Ballet Slippers, this is my favourite sheer pink polish. Another thing I struggled to get hold of was a brow serum, I ended up getting this Eye Candy XLR8 serum whilst it was a little cheaper on Amazon, I think it has worked quite well, but hasn't made a significant change in my brows. It has made them look fuller, however, so I will be continuing to use this.

Clarins have amazing self tans, their Delicious self tanning cream creates a gorgeous sun kissed look on my body, whilst the highly raved about face tanner adds a healthy glow and tint to my face. Until summer comes along, I think these will be getting used quite a lot. Before applying the face tanner, I use Origins Drink Up Intensive, an overnight mask which injects a lot of hydration in my skin, and makes it look glowy prior to the extra tanning.

I'd heard a lot of the Laura Mercier's Silk Creme foundation on the blogosphere, and when the lovely Gemma over at MissMakeupMagpie was selling a pale colour over on Twitter, I jumped in to get it straight away, I have a darker shade, which is currently a tad too dark, so mixing the two gives me an ideal shade, and makes my skin look incredible! I understand why it is so highly raved about. Its just ah-mazing! I'd also heard about Sure's Maximum Protection deodorant, which I caved and bought, as I've never particularly found a deodorant that just worked for me. This one does, its like a roll on, but its more of a cream, that soaks in immediately and leaves you with that lovely clean and fresh scent that lasts for ages! Its a really good investment, and its definitely one for women on the go, thanks to how quick and easy it is to apply.

A few non-beauty related favourites here in the form of TV programmes and DVD's:

Anyone who knows me will know that I have an obsession for buying TV Series' on DVD, I just love owning them, and being able to watch them as long as I want, and when I want. I simply don't have enough patience to wait for a new episode every week. Anyway, Prison Break, I absolutely love, not to mention my HUGE crush on Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell. I know its a few years old now, but I was recommended this by a friend, and once I started watching it I was hooked, I actually went and bought the DVD's after finishing all four seasons (and crying like a baby at the last one.) I've introduced my Aunty to them, and she is now as hooked as I was. We watch a lot of TV together, and another thing we've been loving is Hart of Dixie, as well as a lot of re-watching of old Buffy the Vampire Slayer episodes 

I've also been hooked on a website called BTVGuide, and watching Supernatural. I watch a lot of TV online, and on my iPad, and one of my newest addictions is definitely in the form of Supernatural. I've just started season 2, and I love the supernatural fighting brothers, Dean, a lot more... he's such a dude.

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Thank you so much for the mention Molly!!! I'm so glad you love it :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! At least it's getting put to good use :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I love prison break!! Eye candy and a gripping story. :)
    You blog is cute. Now following you on GFC xxx
    emmakatelewis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! What more can a girl ask for? Thanks Emma, I'll go check out your blog now xxx

      Delete
  3. This is getting uncanny!!

    ReplyDelete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig