Tuesday 19 November 2013

Getting Curly with Paul Mitchell

Hola ladies. How are you all? I'm feeling excessively excited by the fact that I now have Photoshop on my new laptop, and that I can return to regular posting. I'm still getting used to having a newer version, but I'm like a kid at Christmas. Granted, a very technical and Photoshop-intelligent kid, but a kid all the same...

After getting in touch with the lovely Sarah, at Paul Mitchell, she very kindly offered to send me some of the new curls range to try out, and to my surprise, these full-size bottles arrived a couple days after getting in touch with her. It was quite a while ago now that I received them, and I wanted the chance to fully review them after using them for a longer length of time.



In general, the packaging of Paul Mitchell products are professional and clean-looking, matching the company well, given this product isn't available to buy at a lot of stockists, and most, being salons. Each product has detailed instructions on how to use them, making them easy to use for even the most novices, to the most expert hairdressers.



Spring Loaded Frizz-Fighting Shampoo - £14.95

I have to admit, I was left a little curious by this one, as I didn't particularly understand what difference a shampoo could make to the definition and anti-frizz effect of my curls. Especially given that when I use shampoo I use it only at my scalp to cleanse without stripping the rest of my hair of any moisture. I found that this foamed up well, and smelt of cleanliness, leaving my hair feeling clean and clarified. However I'm not sure what this added to having "zero-frizz" seeing as I've always used it with other conditioning products, and my full curl maintenance routine.



Full Circle Leave-In Treatment - £14.95

Something I'm in no way used to, is using leave-in conditioner, I've always thought it'd leave my hair lack-lustre, and a wash out option is always much easier to get hold of. I was pleasantly surprised by this, and when used on the mid-lengths to ends of my hair, left it moisturised and eliminated any dryness that came from using only shampoo previously.


This was also something I was a little surprised by, given most products for a beach hair look, (sea salt sprays) usually come in the form of, well, a spray. But, once again, I was left completely surprised, and favouring this over the infamous Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray. I found a small amount of this on my wavy hair left me with texture, without looking like I had used a lot of product, and feeling like my hair needed washing immediately.



Twirl Around Crunch-Free Curl Definer - £18.95

As the saying goes, save the best for last, and that is indeed what I have done... The total winner of this collection is the Twirl Around curl definer, not only for the brilliant swirled product inside the bottle, for how simply incredible it is once out of it. Looking up close, the swirls look like a combination of cream and gel, and the bottle tells you to emulsify it between your fingers before you apply, I always do this, and put some on the outside of my hands too so that when I fluff my curls up, they all get a generous amount of product. With the majority of curl definers, they leave your curls defined, but, looking wet and feeling crusty, Paul Mitchell's offering does neither of these, and is slowly becoming my holy grail product for achieving perfect curls.

Hope this post has helped some of you fellow curly-wurlys that are finding products to make hair maintenance a little easier. I know personally how hard it is to control the 'fro. But definitely be sure to embrace it...
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Wow, so jealous of all these! I've never tried the brand but they sound great!
    www.lydiarosexo.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lydia. Got some others to review soon too, and they're just fantastic. Can't wait to open the next set!! X

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig